Thursday, January 26, 2012

Teach the world to sing

Funny thing happened last year in the PR house as we were brainstorming for the 2011 Christmas video. We knew we wanted a candle involved and started thinking about the CocaCola “I’d like to teach the world to sing” commercial. 

One of our student assistants was pulled into the conversation. “Do you remember…” “Um. No. I wasn’t born in the 70s.” Ugh. As the conversation continued it came to light that she was born the year I returned to Bluffton as a staff member, the year my son turned 3. Oh my achin’ head.

Funny I don’t feel like I could be our students’ mom. I like to think of myself as an older sister; or maybe the cool aunt. Yea, that’s it, the cool aunt who you can be real with and who shares advice based on life experiences without being a bore. That sounds better.

I’ve been enjoying the comments posted on the employee photos on Facebook. And I know the faculty/staff have appreciated them as well.

Keep them coming. Better yet, “buy a Coke” for someone who made a difference in your life “and keep ‘em company.” There is no doubt that you will make their day.

No comments:

Post a Comment