Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Ah, the memories

Nothing like a stroll through your old stomping grounds to make memories flow. Seeing that I work at Bluffton, campus typically doesn’t feel much like my “old stomping grounds.” Once in a while though…

Like earlier this week as I walked into Bren-Dell to see how renovations of the lobby were proceeding.


From alumni and student feedback received following announcement of the class of 1964 class gift toward Bren-Dell lobby renovations, I think it’s safe to say I’m not the only one with fond memories of this space.


Bren-Dell (named after long-time professors M’della Moon and Naomi Brenneman) opened in 1962 as a residence hall for women. At some point, it became a men’s hall and in recent years has become a ‘split’ hall, housing men and women on separate floors.

The constant? The lobby. It has always been a place to gather, to hang out, to watch TV; a short-cut from Ropp to Marbeck.

I could tell my stories of cutting through the lobby… flirting with the guys watching M*A*S*H (one in particular)… eventually joining the guys to watch M*A*S*H (one in particular)…

But what are your memories of this space? Please do share!

No comments:

Post a Comment